YMMV: Kevin Conroy
- Cant Unhear It: His portrayal of Batman resonates strongly with many fans. Try reading any Batman media without hearing Batman's dialogue in Conroy's voice. Just imagine what will happen when he dies or if he decides to retire the role like Mark did with Joker.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: He was living in New York when the 9/11 attacks occurred, and volunteered as a cook at a cafeteria near Ground Zero, serving rescue and recovery workers. Somebody recognized him, and another cook requested he come out and say something. What did Conroy say? The page quote, of course! He was reportedly deeply humbled and flattered by the response.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: Kevin Conroy is generally said to be the one true Batman. This is usually the viewpoint of DCAU and Comics Batfans. If YouTube and forum comments are anything to go by, many newer Batfans, particularly Dark Knight fanboys consider Conroy to be dull, robotic and a genuinely terrible actor and have no idea why people love him, other than nostalgia.
- Misblamed: Though most of Conroy's recent Batman roles have been a little on the robotic side, it's mainly due to the fact that he hasn't had any Batman roles that require genuine emotion in years. His more recent Batman roles often have Batman as a side character or the Decoy Protagonist. Even the Batman: Arkham Series focuses on Batman's allies and enemies more than Batman's personal growth, save for Origins which Conroy wasn't a part of Simply going back to watch Batman: The Animated Series will show that He Really Can Act.
- Tough Act to Follow: Every voice actor who has played Batman has been compared to Conroy. Of course, Conroy did play the character for a decade straight, and continues to even after the end of the DCAU.