YMMV: Jungledyret Hugo
- Accidental Innuendo: The entire Hulesangen number. Even moreso in the Danish version, where the tones of voices are a little more... suggestive.
- Ear Worm: "Wulle Wulle Wap Wap!"
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop: Freedom is always preferable to captivity, even when "freedom" means you're lost, cold, and starving. There's an inferred secondary Aesop that freedom isn't all sunshine and fulfillment, which actually is a fairly sensible lesson. On the other hand, what makes the main Aesop Family Unfriendly is that, rather than making her point by making Hugo think about what he's giving up for the guarantee of three meals a daynote , Rita reacts to his occasional enamourment with security as though he's selling out, essentially driving the message home through peer pressure. Go be Peter Pan, kids, or you'll be betraying your best friend!
- Memetic Mutation: Rita's dance during the Pig Song.
- Seasonal Rot: The TV series had much more "out there" plots, compared to relatively down to earth first two films. The third movie got a little better in that regard, but the writing and pacing arguably was still not on par with the first two.
- Tear Jerker: The ending of the first film.