open/close all folders
The Game Series
- Ear Worm: Jump, jump, jump start first grade!
- AHH! It's back! It's back! Daggone it!
- Go go, go to school, goooo to schooooool...Kindergarten, here I come!
- He's more than a mascot / He'll help you a whole lot / He is really super silly, he's... Frankie!
- Guilty Pleasure: Despite being intended for very young children, the games are still surprisingly fun for an adult audience—thanks to their catchy music, bright and colorful graphics, and some surprisingly well-designed minigames (edutainment or not). We won't tell if you won't.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In JumpStart 1st Grade, one of the Reading Caps you can choose depicts a skeleton wearing a blue hoodie.
- Idiot Plot: In JumpStart Advanced 1st Grade, the plot gets set into motion by the weasel bully Jimmy Bumples pushing a puppy named Squirt, breaking his scooter. The other characters are then determined to win the upcoming scooter tournament so that they can give the prize, a "totally-tricked out super scooter", to Squirt. Problem? One of the characters, Hopsalot, is a mechanical genius who can create devices that could somehow transform small objects ("powerups") into either complex scooter gadgets or complex (and huge) track obstacles. And yet apparently he can't fix a scooter.
- Name's the Same: Egregiously, both Leap Frog and Jump Start has a firefly named Edison and a cat named Casey in their character roster.
- Nightmare Fuel: The Glop Monster from the original JumpStart 1st Grade and Old Man Jenkins from the original JumpStart 2nd Grade.
The Comic Strip
- Values Dissonance: Marcy has no problems referring to her adult stepbrothers note - some of whom have barely met her - as "her brothers", as if they grew up together. No one else seems to find it strange in the strip.