- Ass Pull: The Reveal that Hiro was the culprit, a Villain Protagonist and was working with Hikari to get revenge for Atsuya. Not only does it get almost no Foreshadowing, but it directly contradicts almost all of Hiro's thoughts and actions.
- Broken Base: The fact whether Judge is better than Doubt overall, to the point that it blows the latter out of the water. Some say that, improved as Judge is, it still suffers from the same problems as Doubt did.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Kazu is easily the most well liked character in the series.
- Ho Yay: Plenty between Hiro and Kazu, before Kazu died.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: Compared to the mangaka's previous work, Doubt, this one has improved some in terms of the story and revelations.
- What an Idiot: Hiro is rapidly shaping up to be this, as per Tonogai tradition. Subverted in the end; he was Evil All Along.
- The Woobie: The author really does enjoy putting her into horrible situations, first one she's nearly raped by Ryuhei, second one she's knocked unconscious and then framed for Ryuhei's death, third one she's stabbed in the leg by Miku and forced to vote for Asami and finally she's forced to hide from Hayato's father, who would have killed her. Luckily for her despite all these hardships she survives.