YMMV: John Carpenter
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Many of his film scores and his debut album Lost Themes
- Cult Classic: Many of his films.
- Nightmare Fuel: The absolute king of this trope! There's a damn good reason he's still highly regarded as a horror master.
- Vindicated by History: Along with the Cult Classic example above, many of his films have been subjected to this trope.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: Big Trouble in Little China is often considered a film for the whole family to watch. While undoubtedly Lighter and Softer than most of his other works, it's still pretty intense and racy for the little ones.