- Crowning Moment of Funny: While the show wasn't nearly as funny as its predecessor, there was at least one gem - the ultimate fate of the Jerk Ass actor who no one liked on Deep Powder.
"Dude, I get to play a helicopter-blade inspector...and he's a drunk!"
- Fanon Discontinuity: Many Friends fans would pretend that this show never existed. Even Friends co-creator Kevin S. Bright agrees with them as he blamed NBC reconstructing the Joey character and for the show's failure on more than one occasion.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The episode where Joey announced the wrong winner for the award he was presenting at the Daytime Emmys, in the wake of the 2017 Oscars.
- There's also a joke where Joey is asked who his favorite actor is, and, hoping to sound intellectual, says it's Sir Anthony Hopkins, before sheepishly admitting it's the Rock. Nowadays it doesn't come off nearly as lame as The Rock's movie career took off after Joey came and went, with Dwayne Johnston being cited as the highest paid actor in 2016.
- Les Yay: Gina, Bobbi and Alex were all implied to have attractions to the same sex on some occasions.
- One-Scene Wonder: Alyson Stoner as the critic who admittedly gives Joey a bad review without even seeing his movie. There's also a scene that shows she and Joey are Not So Different
- Retroactive Recognition: Michael's friend/rival Seth went on to be Howard Wolowitz. Hilariously, Seth lived in California with an older relative and was going to school to become an engineer.