Joe Versus The Volcano
- Crowning Moment of Awesome. Aside from The Reason You Suck Speech mentioned on the main page, Patricia's declaration of love for Joe just before he jumps into the volcano.
Patricia: I love you!
Joe Banks: I love you, too! I've never been in love with anybody before, either! It's great! I'm glad! But the timing stinks. (quick peck on the cheek) I've gotta go.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: One of famed Georges Delarue's last scores.
- Esoteric Happy Ending: Sure, the island was wiped off the face of the Earth and its inhabitants likely killed in the process, but Joe and Patricia are happy, that's all that matters, right?
- Something that was cut was the Chief surviving with his Tobi, having saved his soul (in parallel to Joe saving it). Also, Joe and Patricia are rescued by the Tweedledum, and both Graynamore and his doctor are stranded on what's left of the isle.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A Tom Hanks character being shipwrecked ten years before Cast Away.
- Inferred Holocaust: Lampshaded.
- One-Scene Wonder: The luggage salesman, who just loves luggage. It's a way of life. See for yourself.
- Graynamore and Marshall the limo driver qualify.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The score to the film is lush, and one of Georges Delarue's best — until you listen to the soundtrack to Steel Magnolias and find it's extremely similar.
- Tear Jerker: Dying Joe Banks' eloquent prayer during a Dream Sequence to God as an impossibly large moon rises over the horizon.
Joe: Dear God, whose name I do not know — thank you for my life. I forgot how big... thank you. Thank you for my life.
- It's still touching even when you know Joe's not dying.
- Ray Charles' version of "Old Man River" playing when Joe finds out he's dying.
- Vindicated by History: A bomb when it came out, but better regarded in later years.