YMMV: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Abridged
- Alternate Character Interpretation
- Standard Abridged Series fare, but Iggy stands out, being re-imagined as something akin to Handbanana
- N'Doul as a Blaxploitation character/Toots Shout-Out complete with borderline Tear Jerker death scene.
- Vanilla Ice is pretty much like his namesake.
- George Joestar as a steak-obsessed drunkard who does not believe in heaven or hell but believes in karma and reincarnation.
- Jack the Ripper is a brony.
- Speedwagon here is Pops.
- Tarkus and Bruford are The Big Show and Chris Jericho respectively. For Bruford, he's mostly heel Y2J Jericho, but his death scene references Jericho's old "Lionheart" gimmick.
- Awesome Music: The theme song used for the Stardust Crusaders OVA, a cover of "Holy Diver" by Ronnie James Dio (The first half of Dio's namesake), preformed by Killswitch Engage. The original is used at the end of Dio's proper debut episode as well.
- Crosses the Line Twice:
J. Geil: "Oh, I'm sorry, my mistake. I raped her. Then I killed her. Then I dressed her up as Liza Minnelli. Then I raped her again. I know. I'm f*cked up like that."
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: "MANLIEST HUG!!!"
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Dio's hipster underlings steal the whole damn show, in the first PB episode.
- Evil Is Sexy: Dio
Check your panties and tell me that was unnecessary. *kiss*
- Foe Yay:
Dio: Perhaps I, Dio, should take off his pants.andJotaro: Wow Dio, looks like I just violated your manhole..... cover.
- Lampshaded twice in the final episode, both times with the caption "Fanfic Fuel" appearing after a suggestive line with stinger music and freeze frame.
- Also gets lampshaded and defied when Dio's explaining what he did to Joseph.
Dio: I, Dio, blew any chance of him living out of the water. I, Dio, sucked him bone dry. I, Dio, reached around and— you're just getting me to say a whole bunch of really gay sh*t now, aren't you.Jotaro: Heh heh, yeah.
- Growing the Beard: Most fans agree that the series noticeably jumped in quality either on episode 4 or 6, depending on who you ask.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Speedwagon, after being hit by Zeppeli, states that he'll never have kids, which would explain things.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Speedwagon at the end of the comment special, commits that he has tanning oil in case of encountering half naked men. Years later, he meets the Pillar Men who all qualify for this.
- The bonus video "Doppio was phone?" has a guy drunk calling Hirohiko Araki and asking if they would ever make another Jojo anime. It took two and a half years, but he got his wish.
- Jotaro notes that "Fountain of Blood" would make a cool band name. The name of the 2nd OP for the anime is named "Bloody Stream".
- Ho Yay: Kakyoin to Jotaro.
- Love It or Hate It: Episodes that prominently feature Speedwagon, considering his voice is a deliberate Most Annoying Sound inspired by a similar Pops from Regular Show. People either love it and think it's a hilarious and witty take on the character, or hate it because it's long worn out its welcome and is just too annoying to be funny.
- Memetic Mutation: What is this I don't even?
- Oh, my sexy Hand!
- You thought x but it was I, DIO!
- Moe: Erina
- Nightmare Fuel - Hol Horse's dreams are...unsettling, to say the least.
Dio: A world ruled by me, a world ruled by fear. A world where the times of unity, peace, and light will be cloaked by the sheets of hate, war, and darkness. A world where hellfire will be considered a safe haven. A world where the streets will run a river of blood, with the corpses of those who would defy me: they will be boats to the crows, and the rats, and the vermin: gnawing and picking at their flesh. A world in my hands, ruled by me, ruled: by I, DIO!
- To the point where the 5th episode's stinger is nothing but Hol Horse screaming as Mr. Popo does... something to him. Now remember what happened to Garlic Jr. and the fact that this is Hol Horse's final appearance in this series...
- Dio. The fact that this is an Abridged Series and he still manages to be as menacing as he was in the original source material is a credit to Antfish's writing skills.
- Two words in Episode 10: "Snack Time!"
- Made worse by the fact that Dio didn't even need the blood: he just did it For the Evulz.
- When Jotaro seemingly gets blown up, Dio gives a surprisingly creepy monologue about the new world he's going to set up, storyboarded with disturbing art and ominous music.
Enya: A winner is me.*A gunshot is heard offscreen*
- Making it worse is the screams of the people in the picture where Dio mentions that hellfire will be considered a safe haven. Then: "Why can't I move?"
- J. Geil is creepy as hell in this adaption, raping Polnareff's sister twice (with one of those times coming after her death), and Hol Horse mentions that J. Geil has been bragging about it. Then he proves to be Dangerously Genre Savvy by forcing the heroes into a Sadistic Choice: either be killed by his Stand, or to kill innocent civilians... and still die by his Stand. And he's played completely seriously.
- And then we meet Enya, who forces Hol Horse to shoot himself in the head after stabbing him in the arm. Why? She (wrongly) claims he abandoned her son, and she's going after anyone who was involved. Anyone.
- One-Scene Wonder: Episode 2 of 2012 Jojo Abridged has Barry the Slinger:
Barry: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna sling ya!
- Squick / Fetish Fuel
Joseph: That's a picture. Of me. Sitting on a couch. With my legs spread open. Naked. This picture was on the cover of GDILFs Magazine's 'Top Ten Sexiest, Most F***able Grandpas. I was number one. Beating both Monkey D. Garp from One Piece, and Uncle Iroh from Avatar.D'Arby: How...recent...is that picture?Joseph: VERY...very...recent.
- Tear Jerker
Jotaro: You're a jerk...because you don't have any friends.Dio: ...I got friends...I got LOTS of friends...!
- "Tonight... me."
- Kakyoin's death is even sadder.
- Set to music from The Land Before Time, no less!
- Then immediately made funny with the following letter sequence accompanied by Ren and Stimpy music.
- And then immediately made sad again when Kakyoin gives his final Emerald Splash and Joseph realizes Kakyoin is dead.
- Fridge Sadness: Kakyoin mentions his parents "never had time to read" the letter he sent them. That means they probably don't know that their son is dead.
- So is Abdul's second death.
- Note that Polnareff is the one who's the most broken up about it: when Vanilla Ice finishes his taunt, Polnareff can't even speak for a few seconds.
- Antfish's tribute to Ronnie James Dio
- N'Doul's death scene of all things, especially when the sad music starts up and N'Doul relates his tragic backstory to Jotaro. Sure it hits Mood Whiplash when Jotaro points out that said backstory was lifted from a flashback from Ray, but it goes back to emotional when Jotaro buries him and wonders if they could have been friends.
- A minor one in the Comment Special of all things. Dio's response to Jotaro's dig at the fact he has no real friends showed some serious insecurity. It becomes funny almost immediately afterwards, but it was clear Dio was actually pretty darn hurt by that observation.
- George's death in episode 3, complete with He Lives In You.
- Zeppeli's backstory in the comment special around the time he recounts his father's death.
- Zeppeli's dying scene in episode 4, with all the hilariousness aside, was still tear-worthy, especially with the funeral pyre.