- Fridge Brilliance: In the Extenze bit that ends Mr. Universe, Jim says he could never buy Extenze because he wouldn't want to dispute that charge on his credit card. He then plays the hypothetical role of a customer calling in because his penis is still really tiny. According to American Greed, this is actually how Extenze made the bulk of its money back when it was owned by Longitude. If you wanted to dispute a charge, you'd have to go through a lengthy process to "prove" that the product didn't work. Some of this process was measuring your penis and reporting the results. Most people just canceled their subscription...
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Jim makes a few jokes about Jared Fogle during his Subway bit in Mr. Universe, but he adds that Jared "seems like a nice guy." In 2015 Jared was arrested and found guilty for possessing child pornography and having sex with minors.
- Growing the Beard: Doing My Time marked a major step forward for Jim. Though most of the material was originally featured on previous albums, the presentation and performance have been sharpened and honed to a significant degree.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: His routine about McDonalds has two.
- At one point, Jim mocks the mascot Ronald McDonald, referring to him as a "pedophile clown from the '70s." Jim would later go on to play Colonel Sanders in Kentucky Fried Chicken commercials.
- When listing off things that McDonald's has taught people, he says that McDonald's taught people that breakfast ends at 10:30. However, in 2015, McDonald's launched an all-day breakfast menu, meaning breakfast no longer stops at 10:30.
- Memetic Mutation: HO~T POCKET!
- Nightmare Fuel: He does a good impression of Satan, complete with a Voice of the Legion when he calls his wife.
"I'll just call her up, she'll say 'Who is this?' and I'll just go 'THE DEVIL'""She'll always be like 'Why do you do that?' and I go 'BECAUSE I'M GONNA KILL YOU.'"
- Signature Song: If you only know one Jim Gaffigan routine, it's probably "Hot Pockets".