- Contested Sequel: Jet Moto 3 is seen as this.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: All the games have these.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: The first time you go flying off Nightmare and fall....and fall...and fall...and fall...and fall...and keep falling.
- Even Better Sequel: Jet Moto 2 is seen as this.
- Growing the Beard: With Jet Moto 2
- Sequel Displacement: Who besides the diehard fans remembers the original Jet Moto that well?
- That One Level: Plenty of candidates, due to the crazy level design.
- Mach Schnell from 2 seems designed to have as many traps for the player as possible. It has the "Stairway in the Sky," an extremely long series of jumps across uneven blocks with no rails at all, it has a tempting shortcut which will make you go flying into the distance if you aren't prepared, and several precision jumps. That course is designed to kill anyone who holds down the accelerator.
- Rollercide will make you bonk your head on all the checkpoints the first time you play it. There are grapples hidden beneath the track to prevent this, but they're hard to spot and might not work.
- Pretty much all of the "Hell" part of Nebulous is Exactly What It Says on the Tin. Precision jumps and wildly changing track orientation everywhere.