- Counterpart Comparison:
- First she's been called the British Lady Gaga, then she was called the new Kesha, and now she's being compared to P!nk. Truthfully she's closer to the third comparison than the other two.
- Her American single "Domino" is often compared to Katy Perry, considering that one of her producers, Dr. Luke, produced the song, and it sounds a lot like "Firework." It doesn't help that the song is claimed to be slightly auto-tuned.
- Hype Backlash: She ran into this when she won four MOBO Awards in 2011. The opinion was more to do the fact that as a fairly mainstream singer, her win signified that the MOBOS was being over commercialised (an issue that had been raised for years) than her being white and not black as was suggested by the media at the time.
- Signature Song: "Price Tag", certainly. "Domino" also counts.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: "Domino" is often compared to "Teenage Dream" and "Firework" by Katy Perry. Ironically, "Domino" is produced by Max Martin and Dr. Luke—two producers who have worked on Katy Perry's Teenage Dream album.