- The Catch Phrase Catches On: Many, including "Help me help you", "You had me at 'hello'", "You complete me", and most notably "Show me the money".
- Two well-earned spots on AFI' s "100 Quotes" List, with the "hello" line ranked at #52 and the "money" line at #25.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: As with most Cameron Crowe films, it has an excellent and aptly-assembled soundtrack.
- Special mention must go to "Shelter From the Storm" by Bob Dylan over the end credits.
- Heartwarming in Hindsight: The hug that Jerry and Rod give each other, the touchdown celebration Rod does, and Rod's subsequent breakdown during his final interview are all heartwarming in the moment, but become even more so when one sees how Cuba Gooding, Jr. perfectly emulated each of them during his Oscar acceptance speech.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: Summed up nicely at the very end of the movie.
Dicky Fox: Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.