* CoveredUp: Many of his songs, surprisingly, were recorded by others first. "Why", "Amarillo Sky", and "Johnny Cash" were previously recorded by Shannon Brown (another Big & Rich protégé), [=McBride=] & the Ride, and Tracy Byrd, respectively. Also, "The Truth" was originally recorded by Trent Willmon, "My Kinda Party" recorded by country-rocker Music/BrantleyGilbert, and "Dirt Road Anthem" recorded by Colt Ford (with Gilbert also co-writing the latter and singing on it).
* EarWorm: "I can take you for a ride on my big green tractor / We can go slow or make it go fasterů"
* FirstInstallmentWins: His SelfTitledAlbum is often considered to usually be his best.
* ItsTheSameNowItSucks: Said of "Gonna Know We Were Here", which many people find to be a watered-down rewrite of "Tattoos on This Town". Likewise, "They Don't Know" is seen as a rehash of "Fly Over States".
* SophomoreSlump: ''Relentless'' is his lowest-selling album, and the only one not to produce a top 5 hit. But he rebounded with the third album and hasn't looked back.
** "Laughed Until We Cried", particularly the verse about his grandpa and then the next verse about their newborn baby that they tried so long to have.
** On October 1, 2017 his performance at a country concert in Las Vegas was interrupted by the deadliest mass shooting in American history, with at least 58 dead and 500 injured. Aldean understandably couldn't think of anything to say afterwards beyond assuring everyone that he and his entire crew were safe.