The TV Show
- Fetish Retardant - The eccentric doctor and his phone sex line.
My cock's just gone off like a spunky firework.
- Hell Is That Noise - Several times.
- The farmers playing hideous instruments made out of piping and dead rats.
- "Today...we saw Richard Madeleyyy...beating up a cleaneeerrr...and later being apprehended...for fucking a coffee machiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeee..."
- The noise of a man screaming while jumping into a woodchipper is something you'd probably like to forget.
- The ambient, unnerving background music in most of the sketches, including the abovementioned woodchipper sketch, which incorporates a tense, somewhat catchy loop of the intro of Screen Kiss by Thomas Dolby. Particularly creepy combined with Mark Heap's unhinged monologue and the screaming, that sketch in particular has a way of staying in your head.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs? - It's batshit hatstand insane in every way possible.
- The sketch where a semi-naked man and a woman run through a forest around police officers singing "Mah Na Mah Na", while a dead body is found. They then proceed to sit on the body to squeeze out a noise into a bass clarinet in time with the music. Yeah...
- Not only is the source material, editing, soundtrack and general ambience extremely tripped out and unsettling, there's also the video remix version "Jaaaam" which is the same footage, but with each scene put through various visual filters - pixelation, solarisation, all sorts. It's extremely hard to watch in a darkened room and still feel sober.
The unrelated novel:
- Complete Monster: Lord Awesomo or Gerald is the leader of the holy church of Crazy Bob, an insane cult operating out of an abandoned mall that commits evil acts in the name of their twisted version of 'irony'. He himself executes a man for eating a yoghurt by feeding him to the titular carnivorous substance, attempts to kill the protagonists, most of whom haven't done anything worse than touch Crazy Bob, manipulates his followers using peer pressure and threats of violence, eventually forcing them to fight an insane Holy war against a vastly superior opponent, knowing full well they'd die in the name of 'irony'. He attempts to justify his behavior by comparing his evil acts to his friend (and fellow religious leader) Princess Ravenhair asking people to vote up her fanfic. He claims to be a kind, caring, democratic leader, but this act (along with his nickname) shows he views his evil acts as merely being a petty game.
- Tear Jerker: The pointless death of Angela right in front of Travis.
Travis: ...I couldn't find a stick...
- The Woobie: Travis. He has a naturally submissive personality, and Tim and Don both abuse him for it. And everybody around him keeps either dying or trying to murder him.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: X and Y. They didn't mean to cause the jampocalypse after all.
- Jerkass Woobie: Don counts as this. Yes, the man can be described as 'rude at best', but he's lost his job, all his friends are dead, he has to hang out with a group of utter idiots and the only other survivor of the event leaves him. Can you blame him for being an utter twat?