YMMV: Jake and the Never Land Pirates
- Anvilicious: With any Aesop they have, they can't drive it home enough. And then they sing about it.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: In Battle for the Book, Nana comes with the Darling children this time around.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Any song Peter Pan partakes in in the "Peter Pan Returns" special. That boy can sing!
- Ear Worm: The theme song.
- The Sharky & Bones songs as well.
- You can be who you want to be...
- Growing the Beard: Season 2 fleshes out the world of Neverland more, with a better emphasis on finding actual treasures and Fake Interactivity being almost non existant. Hook and Smee are also used to much more imaginative and funny means than just "stealing X of the day".
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In "Jake and the Great Neverland Rescue", Peter Pan guides Jake in saving the magic of Neverland. Months later, another boy was guided by Pan to save Neverland's magic...and it was a trick, with the boy (temporarily) dying as a result.
- Ho Yay: Being lightened up for a younger audience, Hook's relationship with Smee has been Ho Yay-ified tenfold to any older viewers. There's much more hugging, many more sweet gestures, an entire episode about the two riding a tandem bike, and even Smee suggesting the trophy he made for Hook should have been for "Tastiest Captain" rather than "Meanest". Smee even calls the man fetching and "dear Captain Hook sir". Hook not being able to threaten Smee with a gun also makes any squabbles feel much more like marital argueing, and outside of being simple throw-away gags, you have to wonder about some of Hook's alternate hands. Like a feather? Kinky.
Smee: [chuckle] He's just so lost without me..!
- The picnic episode is lousy with this. Hook is just so helpless without Smee, and is so hurt when he sees him with Jake and company. And when they're reunited and all air is cleared, they both get all sappy and make up just like a couple of giddy girl friends.
- How 'bout Smee treating an injured Hook and singing him the boo-boo song? That whole thing was adorable.
- Just Here for Godzilla: The Periphery Demographic will gladly admit to watching just for the antics of Hook and Smee.
- Memetic Mutation: This image,◊ often followed by the phrase "I'm not sure Disney understands this concept very well." It also became the page image for The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything.
- Moral Event Horizon: In pretty much all media Hook's done some pretty evil stuff, and even for a preschool show he managed to do one particularly ruthless act befitting his film version: throwing Tinker Bell into the Never Sea in "Neverland Rescue" definitely qualifies as crossing the line.
- Ugly Cute: Tick Tock. He's just so goofy-looking in the show that he comes off as adorable.
- The baby crocodiles seen at the end of one episode as well. (You can see them at the end of this official video.)
- The Untwist: If the robes don't do it for you, then the flying fairy-like light around the mysterious man in Jake and the Great Neverland Rescue makes it obvious that it's Peter Pan and Tinker Bell.