- Demonic Spiders: The spiders in the Spider Caves.
- Evil Is Sexy: Say what you will about Maia, but unlike her brother, the Dark Eco didn't seem to do anything negative to her body...
- First Installment Wins: Though there's a fair amount of people supporting the third game as the best, this game seems to have the biggest fanbase of the trilogy.
- Fridge Brilliance: White light is the origin of all other colors, and black is the absence or complete absorption of light, so it seems reasonable that combining the four non-Dark types of Eco would create the Light version.
- Fridge Horror: The Lurkers may not really be evil, but just slaves.
- Confirmed in later games in the series
- Shout-Out: Pay attention to the plant living in Samos' hut. It's the same ones from the river levels in Crash Bandicoot 2. It won't hurt you; it's just there for decoration.
- Wangst: The warrior in Rock Village. Daxter even snarks about it:
Daxter: Have you tried attacking him with your melodrama? Cos it's killing me!