- Best Boss Ever: The final boss fight against Gol and Maia in their giant Precursor robot is a great battle that has multiple phases with a lot of variety of tricks, good use of the game mechanics, and some solid atmosphere for a climax.
- Demonic Spiders: The spiders in the Spider Caves.
- Evil Is Sexy: Say what you will about Maia, but unlike her brother, the Dark Eco didn't seem to do anything negative to her body...
- First Installment Wins: The Precursor Legacy is the most popular and well-known of the Jak trilogy.
- Fridge Brilliance: White light is the origin of all other colors, and black is the absence or complete absorption of light, so it seems reasonable that combining the four non-Dark types of Eco would create the Light version.
- Fridge Horror: The Lurkers may not really be evil, but just slaves.
- Confirmed in later games in the series
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The game still looks good to this day, with great atmosphere and environments with Jak himself being well animated for a 3D model. Pretty impressive for an early PS2 game.
- Wangst: The warrior in Rock Village. Daxter even snarks about it:
Daxter: Have you tried attacking him with your melodrama? Cos it's killing me!