YMMV: Invasion of the Neptune Men
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Again, the Hitler Building.
- Designated Hero: Space Chief helps save the kids from the aliens at the beginning, but does pretty much squat after that. He doesn't even get to finish the Neptunians off.
(singing) "Space Chief failed miserably and tried to cover up his shame."
- Of course, as his secret identity he does beat them. In fact, his civilian version is a lot more useful in every respect.
- He more or less becomes "Too Little Too Late Chief" by the end. He shows up after a few dozen buildings have been blown up, probably hundreds dead, and even then, he takes his sweet time actually taking down the ships.
- Dude, Not Funny!: This supposed kids' movie uses footage of real World War II bombing runs, during which actual, living human beings were killed, as cheap stock footage during its aerial battles. The uncut version even includes footage of an atomic bomb! For a comparison, imagine if a movie today were to use footage of 9/11 to represent an alien attack! The Mystery Science Theater 3000 crew in particular found this extremely appalling, which is why this film's riffing is much harsher than most other movies they took on.
- Fashion-Victim Villain: "Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha...Your costume is ridiculous!"
- And they're being fought by a Fashion Victim Hero and a gaggle of boys in Fashion Victim Shorts.
- Narm: Space Chief's first appearance, the "Roji-Panty Complex", and the classic case of misplaced stock footage where the Neptunians blow up a giant mural of Hitler.
- The Scrappy: Given the lack of parents, and the omnipresence of the kids, they fit this trope as well.
- Serial Numbers Filed Off: Alien invaders? Check. Mysterious superhero with the word "Space" in his name dedicated to fending off the invaders in his flying machine? Check. Roving gang of Japanese children? Check.
- Special Effect Failure: Space Chief's
bulletproof flying rocketship carcardboard-mockup-finmobile-on-a-first-generation-keijidosha-chassis and the Neptunians' "pirogies of death".
- Also, the use of WWII Stock Footage becomes even more painfully obvious thanks to a building fašade being... a bit out of style, to say the least.
- The interminable final battle between Space Chief and the Neptune Men is very obviously just the same few short clips of them fighting shown over and over again.
- They Just Didn't Care: The sound effect for the Mother Ship is of a propeller plane, despite it obviously not having any propellers.
- What an Idiot: A very average summer storm apparently presents enough of a threat to the electro-barrier that the good Doctor orders that the city's main defense be turned off.
- WTH, Costuming Department?: One of the few areas where Space Chief actually has a leg up on Prince of Space is the fact that his outfit isn't quite as ridiculous - but it's still very silly looking. Ditto the Neptune Men; not nearly as goofy looking as the chicken men of Krankor, but they're pretty bad.
- When not in their clunky space gear, the Neptunians can be told apart from normal humans by wearing extremely heavy eye shadow and lipstick.