- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: More than a few, particularly when an addict decides to get clean and succeeds at it.
- Memetic Mutation: The Best Cry Ever
- A smaller one has to be one about a meth addict called Aaron, which then later on followed with a black screen with white text stating, "After injecting meth, Aaron masturbates for 10 to 12 hours".
- Narm: Admit it, you've laughed as people huff inhaler, make up their own math while on meth, or try to convince us that flowers are emitting harmful electrical energy.
- And some of the intervensions fall into this, due to how over-the-top it can get (even if it's legitimate).
- Tear Jerker: Particularly when the addicts either refuse treatment or are unsuccessful.
- Can even occur when successful. One episode featured a severe alcoholic who eventually went to treatment and got sober. However, the years of drinking had already destroyed his liver and he died three months after treatment. The episode ends with his teenage son praising his father for not dying as an alcoholic, but as a dad.
- The actual interventions are very emotional often with the participants and the addict crying. One episode of Intervention Canada had a letter from the addict's child to the addict.