YMMV: Inheritance Trilogy
- Broken Base: Book three got some criticism from fans who found Sieh too abrasive a character to work as a narrator, and had a hard time getting through the book (which also happens to be the longest one) because of that. Others found that the story itself was so good they were able to accept this.
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory:
- Seems like a lot of people drew parallels between Oree's father in Book 2 and homosexuality. The author has stated that any connection to that effect is unintentional.
- There's also been not a few accusations that Yeine and Oree are self-insert Mary Sues
- Jerkass Woobie: Itempas in book two. Actually one of the problems Jemisin had writing him: Portraying him sympathetically, while also making it clear that he's an asshole.
- Narm: The very title of the series, which inevitably causes confusion with the far less well-regarded Inheritance Cycle.
- The sex scene between Yeine and Nahadoth is very well written for the most part...and then there's the bit where she goes on about his "divine phallus." Just look at those words together and try not to giggle.