- Anti-Climax Boss: The Dayak
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Venus's "Beautiful Days" for the ending.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Egyptian Gods learning to play Monopoly.
- Magnificent Bastard: Horus.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Some have speculated that the band is actually a massive Stealth Parody of the black metal genre.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Blizzard Beasts was dedicated to Horgh, as after several years of inability to secure a committed drummer (and their attempts to record drums themselves criticized), they finally found someone capable of playing and anything and anytime. Fifteen years later, he's still in the band.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: The video for "The Call of the Wintermoon", which is also responsible for black metal's reputation among some as a "silly genre taken too seriously".
- Face of the Band: Abbath.
- Narm/NarmCharm: Take your pick. Their◊ album◊ art◊, their lyrics ("These mountains which I heart"), their videos...
- Memetic Mutation: The band itself.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: One of the reactions to their change to "blackened thrash" on At the Heart of Winter; surprisingly, the reaction to the change is far less extreme than what happened with other metal bands that changed their style. Some of the initial reactions to All Shall Fall also had this attitude to them.