- Anti-Climax Boss: The Dayak
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Venus's "Beautiful Days" for the ending.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Egyptian Gods learning to play Monopoly.
- Magnificent Bastard: Horus.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Some have speculated that the band is actually a massive Stealth Parody of the black metal genre.
- Base Breaker: The band reuniting, but Abbath not returning has been this for fans, especially considering Abbath is the Face of the Band. On the other hand, Demonaz was the primary songwriter/lyricist of the band, even after he stopped playing guitar, and Abbath hired King Ov Hell for his solo band, who's infamous for a similar trademark dispute within Gorgoroth. The differing accounts regarding what happened during the recording sessions for the band's ninth album prior to their second breakup hasn't helped with this either.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Blizzard Beasts was dedicated to Horgh, as after several years of inability to secure a committed drummer (and their attempts to record drums themselves criticized), they finally found someone capable of playing and anything and anytime. Fifteen years later, he's still in the band.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: The video for "The Call of the Wintermoon", which is also responsible for black metal's reputation among some as a "silly genre taken too seriously".
- Face of the Band: Abbath.
- Narm/NarmCharm: Take your pick. Their◊ album◊ art◊, their lyrics ("These mountains which I heart"), their videos...
- Memetic Mutation: The band itself.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: One of the reactions to their change to "blackened thrash" on At the Heart of Winter; surprisingly, the reaction to the change is far less extreme than what happened with other metal bands that changed their style. Some of the initial reactions to All Shall Fall also had this attitude to them.