* PraisingShowsYouDontWatch: When a highly anticipated movie is about to come out, several people would rate the film with a 10 before its official release, whether or not the movie ends up being good or bad.
* InternetBackdraft: If a movie is soaring at the box office and/or winning heaps of critical accolades, head over to its IMDB page to see what's being said about it. Odds are great that the most recent threads will be all about how awful it is.
* ItsPopularNowItSucks: Majority of the "One Star Reviews" of many popular movies heavily featured in the top 250 will consist of people crying about how highly regarded the movie in question is. '''Especially''' ''Film/TheShawshankRedemption'' and ''Film/TheGodfather''.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: The understandable reaction most people had upon the removal of message boards in February 2017. Many felt that the removal was pointless and that the boards allowed people to share information or freely discuss their favorite titles or people with each other.
** As of December 2017, we can add the inability for non-Pro members to view company pages as well.
* VocalMinority: If one judged the popularity of a movie solely by its IMDB rating and/or comments section, they would believe that most well-regarded movies and TV series are widely despised.