- Fandom Berserk Button: Which movie should be #1 in the Top 250?
- GIFT: Like the Troll, you'll be bound to find a few, although the situation's arguably not as bad as other sites.
- Internet Backdraft: If a movie is soaring at the box office and/or winning heaps of critical accolades, head over to its IMDB page to see what's being said about it. Odds are great that the most recent threads will be all about how awful it is.
- It's Popular, Now It Sucks: Majority of the "One Star Reviews" of many popular movies heavily featured in the top 250 will consist of complaining about how highly regarded the movie in question is. Especially The Shawshank Redemption and The Godfather. A fairly accurate way of looking at it is that according to IMDB users, any movie ever made is the worst movie ever made.
- Spoiled by the Format: When looking up a TV series on the site, you'll see each actor listed on the main page of the series with the number of episodes they appear in. Woe to you if you've just gotten interested in a series and see that one of the main characters appears in far less episodes than the rest of the cast - it sometimes can lead to the realization that someone is going to be Killed Off for Real or Put on a Bus.
- Vocal Minority: If one judged the popularity of a movie solely by its IMDB rating and/or comments section, they would believe that most well-regarded movies and TV series are widely despised.