- The Woobie: Sam.
- Most of the Garde can qualify as this.
- What the Hell, Hero??: Really Four? You thought that because Sam accidentally saw his mother that justified you going to look for your girlfriend? It wasn't HORRIFYINGLY OBVIOUS that she was being monitored? Even if it was appropriately lampshaded by Six?
- Jerk Sue: Mark.
- You pretty much expect it to be aliens or magic, but when they actually explain it, it's kind of sudden.
- This is played for effect with the Mogadorians whose mouths are obviously not well suited for human speech, resulting in a mumble which sounds like baby talk.
- Pretty much anything uttered by the Mogadorian Commander.
- Nightmare Fuel: "And it wants to play with you too!"
- The appearance of the Mogs, especially the slits next to their noses which they apparently use to breathe.
- Strangled by the Red String: It's explained that the alien race works like this, with your first love being for life. Number Four falls in love with Sarah within two days and apparently permanently.There's a long scene of overly-flowery declarations of love delivered in a manner that would make Padme and Anakin cringe.
- and then he hands her over to Mark the Jerk Ass at the end before riding off with Sam and Number 6.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: ILM were behind the special effects. Of course they're going to look spectacular.