Tropers Online: 5,512
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: I Am Not a Serial Killer
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: John killing the demon.
- Love It or Hate It: Many critics are turned off by the Genre Shift.
- Narm: John Wayne Cleaver is such a stupid name that it's kind of hard to get past that.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- The entire first chapter explains exactly how a body is embalmed in a mortuary. And it just gets worse the more you read.
- This whole damn book. Just the style of writing and how the reader gets so engrossed in John's warped mind is almost enough to give someone PTSD.
- The worst part is, since this death was natural, is that it really has no purpose in the story. Rather than to be a very long detailed Establishing Character Moment for John.
- The Woobie: John, his mother, the Demon a lot of them really.