The 2007 Film:
- Hilarious in Hindsight: A billboard found in the background of a scene promised that a Batman and Superman crossover movie was in production Just Before the End. 6 years after the release of the movie, it was officially announced. Even more amusing is that Will Smith was signed on to appear in another movie set in the same shared universe as that film.
- Memetic Mutation: GODDAMNIT, FRANK and WOLL SMOTH, which spun into an entirely unrelated meme.
- Narm: Neville tearfully begging a mannequin to say hello to him.
- Narm Charm: But the context of it makes it heartbreaking.
- One-Scene Wonder: She has about 1 minute and a half of screen time at the beginning of the film (and isn't listed in the credits), but Emma Thompson as Alice Krippin is so delightful you desperately want to know more about the woman who inadvertently created The Virus.
- Special Effects Failure/Uncanny Valley: The zombie/vamps are pretty obvious CG. They tried using extras at first, but since it required constant hyperventilation, they were forced to use CG instead.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The film's alternate ending comes closer to the message of the novel than the ending that made it into the movie and fills the above-mentioned plot hole, in addition to many others. It did poorly with test audiences, though, so Executive Meddling changed it to an ending that is completely different and misses the point of the entire novel, twisting the message so that it can still fit the title, but in almost the exact opposite way that the original ending fit it.
- The Untwist: At least in the cinematic version.