YMMV: I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang
- Award Snub: This film, along with such other worthy contenders as 42nd Street and Lady for a Day, lost the Best Picture Oscar to the now-mostly-forgotten Cavalcade.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Both of Allen's escapes, but the second one more.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: "What would I say to a hamburger? Boy, I'd take Mr. Hamburger by the hand and say, 'Pal, I haven't seen you for a long, long time.'"
- Tear Jerker: Allen himself starts crying when he's told the '90 days and we'll let you go' was just a scam, and he'll have to spend 9 years there. He barely survived ONE.
- The lengths Allen is willing to go to get free can count. The scene where he has another worker slam his sledgehammer on his ankle chains HARD so he can get them off is worth noting.