- Alternative Character Interpretation: Is Dracula really pulling a hoax on Dr. Endelmann in order to get close to nurse Morelle, or is he really seeking to cure his condition, but has his vampire nature taking the better of him?
- Fridge Logic: Talbot attempts kill himself by jumping into the sea, even though at this point in the series he should be well aware of how hard it is to kill him.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: The Frankenstein's Monster spends most of his time in the film in a weakened state, and once he is up on his legs, he is crushed by Stock Footage from a previous film.
- The Woobie:
- Nina, who is a kind nurse patiently awaiting for her treatment at Dr. Edelmann's hands, but instead gets strangled by them.
- Dr. Edelmann also qualifies to some extent, as his attempt of trying to cure Dracula's vampirism instead turns him into a Jekyll & Hyde esque character who cannot control himself.