* AdaptationDisplacement: Not many people are aware that the idea of the film came from a haunted house attraction also named ''House of 1000 Corpses'', which Rob Zombie created in 1999 for [[Theatre/HalloweenHorrorNights Universal's Halloween Horror Nights]].
* AwesomeMusic: Plenty of Rob Zombie songs, along with some truly creepy instrumental pieces.
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: Every now and then the movie will cut into nonsensical, colorful shots of rednecks and old women talking about how they were violated by a monster.
* CriticalDissonance: Critics ''panned'' the movie for being rather vapid and confusing. Viewers tend to either be indifferent to the film, usually for the same reasons as critics, or love it because it's a horror flick.
* RetroactiveRecognition: Hey, look! Fish Boy is [[Series/TheOfficeUS Dwight Schrute!]]