YMMV: Hot Tub Time Machine
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Jacob is running to find his companions. Suddenly he is dancing with a girl and asking if he can text her. The girl is never seen or mentioned again. However she does show up in a deleted scene, in which she asks Jacob about his snowboard.
- Crosses the Line Twice:
- A screaming, obscene phone call to a nine year old girl becomes a character's Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Blaine is a Type 2 Eagle Land Jerk Jock who is always freaking out about how the protagonists are secret Russian spies in their midst. Fast forward to Captain America: The Winter Soldier, where that's exactly what he is (or so it seems). And yes, you did just see that guy from The Daily Show beat the ever-loving shit out of the Winter Soldier.
- In the scene parodying the Denver Broncos' game-winning drive in an AFC Championship game, Mark Jackson drops a pass due to a squirrel distracting him. In the 2011 National League Division series between the Philidelphia Phillies and the St. Louis Cardinals, play was temporarily halted because a squirrel ran onto the field. Cardinals fans gave it the nickname "Rally Squirrel" as their team went onto win the World Series that year.
- One-Scene Wonder: Chevy Chase as the jacuzzi repairman. Appears four or five times throughout the movie, but never for more than a couple minutes before disappearing as suddenly as he came, and is easily one of the best parts.
- Spiritual Licensee: In his review of the film, Moviebob called it a better remake of Back to the Future than any actual remake of Back to the Future could possibly be.