YMMV: Hootie & the Blowfish
- Face of the Band: Darius Rucker; especially since that he got later success as a country solo artist.
- First Installment Wins: Cracked Rear View was such a success, not only did it instantly make the group stars, but made all of their other albums (which are good) look bad by comparison.
- I Am Not Hootie: Darius Rucker is often mistaken as being nicknamed "Hootie" and his bandmates as "the Blowfish". The band's name is in fact an inside joke that refers to the nicknames of two of their friends.
- Signature Songs: "Hold My Hand", "Let Her Cry", and "Only Wanna Be with You" from Cracked Rear View pretty much defines the band for mainstream listeners.
- Sophomore Slump: Fairweather Johnson produced only one major hit on the pop charts. From that point onward, their hits were relegated to AC.