Tropers Online: 2,234
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Hong Kong Phooey
- Ear Worm: The theme song, full stop.
- Mondegreen: A lot of people mishear Penry as Henry.
- What an Idiot: It really makes you wonder why people depend on a dog that can't even tell that his partner did all the work. The amount of times he does things wrong is truly unbelievable, to the point of being absolutely unbearable.
- To an extent, some of the regular citizens don't even care that a villain is doing something or even care that Phooey did anything wrong around them.
- In one episode, a worker, whom had just finished paving a road, had his work ruined by Hong Kong Phooey driving over it, responding with something along the lines of "What an honor, to have an entire day's work ruined by the great Hong Kong Phooey!"...non-sarcastically, no less!