- Angst? What Angst?: Nobody seems to mind when Nick is seemingly incinerated right in front of them.
Mike: Now c'mon, Nick- oh yeah, he burned to death, oh well.Crow: Nick's a smoking husk right now, he won't mind if we take his van.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment:
Well there was a reason. They seem to have provided the background music for the whole movie and in return The Fontanelles got an uninterrupted portion of the film where they can showcase their best song. In terms of in the film though, it's a club and bands do get to play on stage. (before they go sample some tater tots from the lunch ladies in back!)
- The rake battle. Frankly, it only served to prove just how much of a loser Kevin really is (and how much of a nag Amy is).
- The band singing "Kiss Kicker 99" at Club Scum literally happens for no reason whatsoever.
- Critical Research Failure: That's... not how phone sex lines work. There's more of an interactive element, rather than a lady just describing some cheap porno plot to you. Even for a supposed parody, that's a bit egregious.
- Designated Hero: Oh let's see. Kevin's an ineffectual, whiny idiot, Amy spends the majority of her screentime complaining about Kevin's aforementioned uselessness, Daphne's a whore, Nick's a sex-obsessed Jerk Jock, and Kyle's a perv. And yes, they're our "heroes".
- Ear Worm: Although the film is terrible, "Kiss Kicker" (or "Fish Picker", according to Mike and the Bots) is actually pretty catchy.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Dennis and the Club Scum MC are probably the only likable and funny characters in the movie. In the case of Daran Norris, who played the MC, he gives an enjoyable performance because he honestly had a good time playing the part, and it shows.
- Fetish Retardant: The "fanservice" is more cringe-worthy than even remotely titillating.
Daphne: Everybody have sex tonight.Servo: Everybody throw up tonight.
- Ham and Cheese: Daran Norris is about the only truly funny thing in the movie, due to his bizarre mannerisms as the Club Scum MC. Thankfully this movie didn't immediately kill his career, either. He went on to do a lot of voice acting roles afterwards.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Daran Norris making out with the waitress named Pixie, after knowing he went on to play Cosmo.
- Servo's "No life after drama club" riff on Daran Norris' emcee in the MST3K version becomes this once you're aware that Norris was the only one in the movie to have a respectable career after being in it.
- The "decyphering" of the "Kiss Kicker 99" reveal that the first verse is "Why work for something when you can steal it?". Considering this movie's status as a low grade Gremlins ripoff, it's quite appropriate.
- One MST3K fan wrote a one-act play about a supposed sequel, then a real sequel was made.
- Narm: Assuming the film was even meant to be taken seriously, the whole thing qualifies, but the moment that really stands out is the infamous rake fight.
- Retroactive Recognition: This was his first film role ever, but Daran Norris would go on to achieve a successful career - becoming Cosmo, Dick Daring, J. Jonah Jameson, Knock Out, and many more.
- The Scrappy: Most of the cast, especially Kevin and his circle of friends. Kevin is essentially a Scrappy Hero with his constant mewling and whining. For his loser friends, Daphne and Kyle especially stand out for their Scrappyness.
- Special Effects Failure: The Hobgoblins were basically stuffed animals. Only one was an actual puppet that could have its mouth opened and closed with a hand inside it.
Crow: Someone's rubbing puppets on us!Servo: If you just let go, they'll hit the floor.Mike: Ow, ow, big man, you strangle a plush toy.
- So Bad, It's Good: Given that it's essentially a 90-minute porn flick with no porn, this is about the best the movie can hope for.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot and Character: The movie would have been much better if Dennis, the irreverent music lover, were the hero. No matter how stupid his friends are, there's no way they'd be as annoying as Kevin and his pals.
- Ugly Cute: The Hobgoblins themselves.
Tom: Meet the hobgoblins: Frankie, Sniffles, Bounce-Bounce, and The Claw!.