YMMV: Hindu Mythology
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Every single story, play or dance dealing with the epics has an alternative character interpretation.
- Badass Decay: Indra is badass in early Vedic text, notable for killing the great dragon Vritra. He does much worse in later text.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: When Indra struck Garuda with the Vajra, it did not even scratch him. However, Garuda dropped a single feather to show his respect to Vajra for the attempt. It was Shiva's gift to Indra.
- Indra himself has one in Rig Veda. A newborn god, Indra drunk a large volume of Soma to gain enough power to defeat Vritra, the great dragon. After taking the Vajra, he asked Vishnu to create a whole battlefield for the upcoming battle. Before confronting his nemesis, Indra destroyed 99 fortresses of Vritra, all of them. For killing the dragon that kept all water from the world itself, all Indra suffered was a broken jaw.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Skanda, who was a minor Vedic God, became so important in the South that he forms a major part of the Saivite pantheon.