Tropers Online: 2,658
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: High School Of The Gods
- Genius Bonus - the comic is funnier if you know what myths and history are being referenced.
- The Egyptian deities are consistently upset with the Greek deities for getting their names wrong and causing confusion around the school. In actuality, the names with which most people are familiar (Anubis, Horus, et cetera) are actually the Greek versions of the names.
- Values Dissonance - HSOTG lives on the values dissonance between the behavior of mythological beings and the expected behavior of modern humans.
- "Wow, she is hot!" - said by Ares about his sister, Aphrodite.
- The Woobie - Anubis
- "My name is Anpu!"
- "I am the Weigher of Souls! The Guardian of the Dead! I am NOT Adorable!"
- "Who's a cute widdle Lord of Death? I think it's you!"