- Complete Monster: Siroc's goal is to return to his home universe. When Naros tells him that it's likely his home universe is dead, and going through the passageway will cause the destructive effect that killed it to spread to this universe, Siroc tells him that he knows this is the most likely scenario and he doesn't care, he's going to try anyway and to hell with everyone else.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: There's a certain black humor in Jorian and Corey's break-up if one visits the forums and notices their actors are a long-time couple.
- Narm: Mostly in the first two seasons, and most of the first two seasons, although some honest attempts at drama later in the series still fall flat due to hilarious Special Effects Failure or overcompensating actors.
- Special Effects Failure: The light green hue often outlining the actors, a consequence of cheap green-screening. Heavily improved on in later seasons, but never gone. The greenscreen backgrounds themselves sometimes hit the Uncanny Valley in relation to the actors standing in them. Costuming and make-up is pretty bad early on.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: The exterior starship shots, even and especially the battle sequences. It's all made in-house for the series. The battles in later seasons are truly epic. Costuming and make-up see large improvements in later seasons.