YMMV: Hey You, Pikachu!
Well, when you start with a game that's experimental as heck, of course there's going to be some YMMV.
- Awesome Music: The whole soundtrack applies, but especially the opening theme.
- And the credits! Pikachu sings to you! Pikachu sings to you!!
- Fridge Brilliance: After Oak makes you say goodbye, the second-to-last comment in the credits is "Hey, Pikachu is going home." Guess who's there when you get home.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Near the end of the game, you have to follow Pikachu while he goes out shopping. What's your stealthy cover? A cardboard box.
- It Gets Better: With limited camera control and no ability to hold items, Pikachu's Discovery Days is easily the weakest part of the game - it opens up nicely after that.
- Sweet Dreams Fuel/Tastes Like Diabetes: The game as a whole. It all hinges on how much you can take a game whose entire premise is romping around with a baby Pikachu. Perhaps reaches the zenith during the credits: Pikachu's singing can either make a grown man blurt out a big "d'awwwww!" or suffer a heart attack.
- That One Level: The pinata. That is ALL.
- Ochre Woods on Daring Days can be That One Level as well.