YMMV: Hello Kitty
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Like Sanrio, Hello Kitty is undeniably more popular outside of Japan than her native Japan.
- I Am Not Shazam: The titular Kitty's whole name is not Hello Kitty, it's Kitty White.
- Misaimed Marketing:
- Hello Kitty condoms. Vibrators, too.
- Don't forget the guns. You know, for your budding Little Miss Terrorist!
- Periphery Demographic: Yes, there are a sizable group of male fans. The fansite Hello Kitty Junkies even has a subgroup just for men.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Played straight in most of the franchise, but surprisingly averted in both Furry Tale Theater and the OVAs.