YMMV: Hello Kitty
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Like Sanrio, Hello Kitty is undeniably more popular outside of Japan than her native Japan.
- I Am Not Shazam: The titular Kitty's whole name is not Hello Kitty, it's Kitty White.
- Misaimed Marketing:
- Hello Kitty condoms. Vibrators, too.
- Don't forget the guns. You know, for your budding Little Miss Terrorist!
- Periphery Demographic: Yes, there are a sizable group of male fans. The fansite Hello Kitty Junkies even has a subgroup just for men.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Played straight in most of the franchise, but surprisingly averted in both Furry Tale Theater and the OVAs.
- Tear Jerker: In the episode Watch The Birdie from Hello Kitty's Paradise, Kitty and Mimmy find a bird with a hurt wing. The two take care of it until the bird is better, and they reluctantly set it free. That night, they have flashbacks and remember all the good times they shared with the bird, and go to sleep all teary eyed. If you ever had to set a wild animal you found free, you might tear up a bit as well, and you feel sad for Kitty and Mimmy,
- Thankfully, the bird comes back the next day, and with another little bird! making this a Crowning Moment Of Heart Warming.