- Ensemble Darkhorse: Fans grew to love Charlotte. Being played by a former Power Ranger doesn't hurt
- Foe Yay: Marti and Alice.
- I Knew It: No one was surprised when Deidre was revealed to be Marti's sister.
- Les Yay: There is sooo much of this, especially between Marti and Savannah. Even their first fight looks a lot like Belligerent Sexual Tension.
Marti: (to Savannah) I chose you over them.
- During her date with Dan, Savannah asks, "Do you think Marti's sexy? I do." Case closed.
- Also, according to the Wikipedia page at least, one of the cheerleaders is a lesbian.
- This, where Marty ditches a law rally at Nashville to help the Hellcats in a flag football game:
- How about Alice teasing Jake about how she's gonna go back to her dorm filled with beautiful cheerleaders and have a negligee tickle fight when he refuses to put out. And then later she slaps Savannah's butt, clearly enjoying her scandalized reaction
- Everyone has chemistry with everyone else, no exceptions. What you think is an exception is really just that the characters in question haven't had enough screen time together.
- The pillow fight between Marti and Savannah which ends in their making
- Alice and her reporter friend are even more blatent.
- Mary Sue: Marti, primarily of the sympathetic type but her attitude towards cheerleaders/cheerleading in the early episodes (and some of the later ones) shows a healthy dose of Jerk Sue. Marti was never shown to be bad at anything with the possible exception of maintaining a relationship, and was introduced as the thing the Hellcats needed to win, which generally comes off as Informed Ability since she seems no better than other members of the team and didn't even do her audition properly "freestyling" instead because she got lost.
- The Woobie: Savannah, as of episode 2. And as the season's progressed — wow, so much!!