YMMV: Heidi, Girl of the Alps
- Americans Hate Tingle: The 3D-Remake has gotten a VERY lukewarm reception in Germany, in no small part because of its soulless production and the horrible rending of the original opening song.
- Development Hell: Not the series, but fan subs were another matter entirely. This series remained practically unknown to the English speaking anime fandom for YEARS. Some years ago, four episodes were subbed but the series was dropped and left in limbo. Luckily, a fansub group named Silver Zero Subs began subbing it in 2010 and continued on for four whole years, and as of today, it's fully subbed.
- Ear Worm: The OP will stay in your head for decades.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: Or better said, Latin-Americans And Europeans (especially Italians) Love Heidi Girl Of The Alps.
- Spaniards Love Heidi: The series was aired for first time in 1975. Nearly forty years later it still enjoys the occasional rerun, and it is still one of the few anime shows (together with Mazinger Z, Haha wo tazunete sanzenri -a. k. a. Marco- Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya and Captain Tsubasa) that everybody knows about, even people who are not anime geeks. And "Rottenmeier" has become synonymous with "uptight, straight-laced hag".
- Magnum Opus: Heidi is a serious contender for the title of 'greatest anime ever put out by the World Masterpiece Theater'. The fact that freaking Isao Takahata was the director helps its claim.
- Moe: Heidi
- Tear Jerker: Heidi's progressive fall into despair as she's away from home.