YMMV: Hawk the Slayer
- Anticlimax Boss: Voltan is not very good at swordfighting.
- Cult Classic
- Ear Worm: The theme song is actually pretty catchy. Except that loud eagle cry at the start.
- Voltan's theme is also quite charming
- Hey, It's That Girl!: Yes, that is Magenta moonlighting as a blind seeress.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: The same little person actor from Prisoners of the Lost Universe plays Baldin.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: So a hero named Hawk goes through a series of disconnected adventures to collect a diverse group of companions, then takes them on a separate quest to gather enough money to finish his actual main quest which he got from a random encounter with a guy carrying an inexplicable and apparently unique automatic crossbow. That's the broad strokes of the first act of Dragon Age II, to the point where the latter is either an homage or blatant ripoff.
- One-Scene Wonder: Fitzwalter, the Ambiguously Gay English dude whose buddy gets killed by the elf.
- Snark Bait
- So Bad, It's Good: A lot of people think that this is one of the best Sword And Sorcery films, if not the best before The Lord of the Rings got in on the action. It has silly string as a magic immobilization spell.
- Special Effects Failure - Where else can we find a movie with silly string and bouncy balls as magic spells? your mileage may vary
Filmmaker 1: We need a giant!Filmmaker 2: My friend Barney is kind of tall...Filmmaker 1: We need a dwarf!Filmmaker 2: My friend Pete is kind of short...Filmmaker 1: We need an elf!Filmmaker 2: My friend Ray is kind of skinny and can talk funny...
- Extends to the casting:
- The Scrappy: The dwarf Baldin.
- Although others think of him as an Ensemble Darkhorse for being the only character with a definable personality other than "likes to stare stoically at things" or "Unnecessarily hammy".