YMMV: Haunted Castle
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: During the third stage, you're suddenly warped to an alternate dimension where you must kill three Harpies. This never happens again, nor is it ever explained.
- Breather Boss: Frankenstein's Monster, the boss of the penultimate stage, is perhaps the easiest boss in the whole game.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Let's be honest, the tracks in this game were worth your quarters.
- Game Breaker: The watch, which is all but useless in later stages of the console games, is able to stop bosses (including the last form of Dracula) at only two hearts per use.
- Scrappy Mechanic: The three continue limit is, for many gamers, what pushes this game from being a decent-ish Ghosts 'n Goblins-alike to being just too frustrating to be worth bothering with.
- Snark Bait: Simon's walking posture in this game. You have to see it to believe it. Notice how every single gameplay video's top comments mention it.
- What an Idiot: Whichever nitwits at Konami got the bright idea to impose a strict continue limit on an arcade game, when the whole point of coin-op machines is to encourage players to feed in lots of coins to keep the game going. In a way, it's less insidious compared to the more common strategy of cutting players off at the final stage, but it's worse for revenue generation since a novice player learns much sooner not to spend any more quarters on it.