- Author's Saving Throw: A Saving Throw based on something that happened before the series even started. Prior to the New 52 series beginning, DC announced an art contest based around drawing a page for the #0 issue that ended with a panel described in the script as a naked Harley about to commit an Electrified Bathtub Bath Suicide. This sparked Internet Backdraft over an apparent misogynistic eroticisation of a woman's suicide, made worse by the fact that the script didn't include any of the dialogue, or indicate that it was meant to be contextualised as a fantasy sequence. When the issue was published, the final panel of the page showed a fully-clothed (well, as much as she ever is in the New 52) Harley Riding the Bomb instead.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment:
- Harley's odd dream when she's knocked out in Skate Club.
- There have been a few times when Harley and Ivy had gone on major Acid Trips from some drug or another.
- Counterpart Comparison: It's easy compare Harley (in her solo series where she is a crazy Anti-Hero and make many fourth wall joke) to Deadpool.
- Les Yay:
- A lot, especially in the New 52 series where hardly a scene goes by with Harley and Ivy that doesn't hammer home that the two are Friends with Benefits. There is even a scene where Harley kisses Ivy on the mouth.
- The New 52 road trip special has been accused by many fans as implying that Harley, Ivy, and Catwoman spent the entirety of it having sex with each other.
- In Harley's Little Black Book Issue 1, Harley reveals that she has always been a fanatical Wonder Woman fan so what does she do when she first meets her? Knock her out and take off her clothes, of course. Later we get some more Harley style bonding.
Harley: How cool is it that we're wearing each others clothes?! It's like we're Girlfriends.
Wonder Woman: My suit is... moist.
- and later
Harley: Sorry, I got excited.
- Issue 3 has Zatanna, and Harley spends at least half of their conversations making not so overt come-ons. She also tries to grab a ghost girls breasts.