YMMV: Hancock's Half Hour
- Critical Research Failure: The Brick Joke in 'The Blood Donor' turns on the idea that Tony, whose blood type is AB negative, can only be given blood that is also AB negative. But actually he could be given blood of any type, as long as it's rhesus negative. note .
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment - In 'The Emigrant' Tony attempts to emigrate to Australia, hoping for stardom down under (but is turned away with "try Canada".) In real life, Tony Hancock emigrated to Australia to try to revive his failing career. Tragically, it didn't work, and he killed himself.
- In the episode "The Bowmans", Hancock alludes to thinking about killing himself.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: "Wouldn't [typing] be quicker if you took off the boxing gloves?"
- True Art Is Incomprehensible - 'The Poetry Society' - "green me, purple him!"
- Hancock and his scriptwriters used the same idea in the film The Rebel, using paintings instead of poetry.