Films with their own YMMV pages:
- Awesome Music: The main theme. Seriously, try listening to it without getting the chills. Just try it.
- Complete Monster: Although many of his female victims resemble his sister Judith, Michael will kill anyone—men, women, children, dogs, ect. He also enjoys tormenting or scaring his victims before killing them—such as when he disguised himself as a ghost to pretend to be the boyfriend of one of his victims, burying Lisa in Nightdance (who fears the dark) alive, or putting razors in Halloween candy. "Pure evil," indeed.
- First Installment Wins: The first film is a universally praised horror classic. The sequels... exist.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The success of Mike Myers makes it a bit hard to take a villain with that name seriously.
- Sequelitis: Most of the sequels are generally regarded as low quality with Resurrection and the Rob Zombie directed reboots getting the most flack.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: IV and H20. Both came after two lackluster sequels, both showed the influence of the slasher trend of the day.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Though the original film is deservedly a classic, the Halloween series could have spawned some far more interesting stories if the studio had gone ahead with John Carpenter's original plan of making it Genre Anthology about stories set on All Hallows' Eve instead of just turning it into (what quickly became) a generic Slasher Movie series.
- Uncanny Valley: The original Michael Myers Halloween mask was a William Shatner mask, spraypainted white and with the hair frizzed out and eyeholes altered. The effect is downright creepy.
- Villain Sue: Michael in the Devil's Due comics.
- The Woobie:
- Never mind that he is one of the few characters who doesn't get horribly murdered, does anything good ever happen to Dr. Loomis?
- Jamie Lloyd. Her mother died in a car accident, her uncle is a monstrous killer who is dead-set on killing her, is kidnapped by the Thorn cult at the end of Revenge and she is killed off at the start of Curse (and Producer's Cut of the film reveals that that her baby is the result of Michael raping her).
- Laurie, especially in Zombie's 2. Not only does she lose her friends but, going by canon, she loses her daughter to Michael (Thorn canon), loses her family (H20/HR canon), and either ends up becoming that she is a Myers or becoming crazy and getting shot dead by the police (Zombieverse).
The video game: