YMMV: H. R. Giger
- Freud Was Right: Note the cyborg with a penis for a head on the main page.
- It gets better than simply being the inspiration for Ridley Scott's Alien - Giger also helped design the facehuggers and chestbursters, as well as some of the scenery. And you can see genitalia in all of it.
- Nightmare Fuel: Giger suffered from night terrors, and tried to infuse some of that fear into his art. HE SUCCEEDED.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: Surprisingly averted. Even though his style has been imitated by many horror films over the past 30 years, his original work still holds up quite well today. This extends to the point where "Gigeresque" has become a catch-all for works even remotely appearing to imitate him, a clear indication his work isn't going to be viewed as outdated anytime soon.
- Uncanny Valley: One of the consummate masters.