YMMV: Gunsmith Cats
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: Not much the total plot of the manga (although the immense competency of a lot of the foes Rally has to deal with can be rather anger-inducing), but the final arc of Burst (and the Vetinari Job Security Hand Wave regarding Goldie on top of, you know, Rally retiring from bounty hunting) definitely triggers this.
- Fanon Discontinuity: Many fans do not like Burst.
- Harsher in Hindsight: The OVA's plot is about a mayoral candidate running on a tough gun control campaign platform while secretly selling guns under the table to line his own pockets. In March 2014, California state legislature senator Leland Yee was arrested for firearms trafficking while also being known as an outspoken gun control advocate.
- Moral Event Horizon: Goldie seems to cross a new one with every appearance. Bonnie practically leaps across it in her first scene just in case you had any doubts that she was Axe Crazy.
- Radinov. Full stop.
- Villain Sue: Goldie Musou, full stop. Starting with being incredibly competent and Dangerously Genre Savvy, followed by having the knowledge to produce a perfect drug-slash-brainwashing method (and with a love for creating a situation for her brainwashed subjects that is so far beyond the Despair Event Horizon that they willingly prefer to stay brainwashed), and both surviving being shot point-blank in the face with little to show for it but two small scars and a bout of Easy Amnesia and walking away into the sunset at the end of Burst with Misty (which may or may not have been brainwashed) and having become the leader of the Chicago underworld (with only a Vetinari Job Security Hand Wave to explain the necessity of it to Rally-who walks away from the same arc a cripple).