The subjective tropes of Gungnir.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Pamela. She appears out of nowhere, is hardly explained, and is...well, Pamela.
- Fridge Brilliance: Why do Giulio and Alissa swing their spears instead of piercing? Because Giulio is used to using swords (and Gungnir has spikes that allow it to function as a swinging weapon) and Alissa only learned how to fight with a spear was by watching Giulio. Though Alissa later learns how to use a spear properly, as both her spear skills that are learned later are piercing.
- Genius Bonus: The Inferno are named after alternate terms for Norse gods.
- Hell Is That Noise: The whatever-it-is sound effect that follows Isabeli.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Fans of classic SRPG games who had no experience with Sting until this game effectively had tantrums over the fact that there are no free maps for Level Grinding. They weren't happy with the other subversions of the genre Sting introduced, either.