YMMV: Ground Control
In Ground Control
- Game Breaker: Artillery cannons have a very long range, way beyond harm's way and are insanely powerful. The only thing they need is anti-air support.
- Moral Event Horizon: Major Thomas destroying the medical facility whose occupants already waved a white flag at the beginning of battle.
In Ground Control II
- Breather Level: Missions 21 and 22 introduce the final arc of the game.
- Goddamned Bats: Artillery units in this game, while much less powerful than in the first game, are extremely annoying to fight here. You either have to keep your forces on the move, or have to spam shield units and bunker down until you take the offending artillery out with something else. Not to mention the enemy player can actually exploit this and send in a swarm of helidynes in while more than half your anti-aircraft units are busy shielding. Imperial Howitzers are particularly despised for their range, movement speed, and fire rate.
- Informed Ability: In the "Raw Deal" mission, Dreznor informs you that the artillery units you purchased are three times more sophisticated than the models the Corporations used. However, in actual gameplay, they are much weaker.
- Most Annoying Sound: Your units have a habit of announcing every single instance of damage they take. And then there's "We're losing a victory location! We've lost a victory location!"
- Most Wonderful Sound: "We secured a landing zone!/LZ secured!" and "We captured a victory location!"
- That One Level: Several missions stand out as being harder than the others. Missions 23 and 24 are particularly murderous.
- It's also notable that the Viron Campaign in general has a larger difficulty spike compared to the NSA.