YMMV: Grief Syndrome
- Fridge Brilliance: Mami's special attack. It was the same attack she used in the anime before she died. In the game it leaves her with barely any health, and can be prolonged to temporarily leave her a One-Hit-Point Wonder for extra damage.
- Kyouko's barrier is basically useless... unless you're fighting Oktavia, in which case it's one of the few reliable ways to handle her.
- Fridge Logic: Noted by Gesh86 in his Let's Play of the game: The most likely reason for getting the "Homura wakes up in the hospital and tries again" ending sequence is that Homura lost all her Soul Limit, as the rest get special endings.
- That One Level: H.N. Ellen/Kirsten. The other four levels are a fairly straightforward progression of more and more powerful Familiars and Witches with harder to avoid attacks. Kirsten, however, has a Labyrinth full of Bottomless Pits, other stage hazards, and Ledge Bats - while none of the other Witches - not even the final boss - use stage hazards (unless you count WPN's rain of debris). This becomes even more infuriating when you remember that in canon, Kirsten hardly has a Labyrinth and gets killed in about 30 seconds; she mostly exists to show off how Badass the newly contracted Sayaka is via Look What I Can Do Now (though Fridge Brilliance might kick in when you realize Sayaka is the best character for this stage).
- Tier-Induced Scrappy: Mami and Sayaka, for the inverse reason: Mami for being too weak compared to the series, Sayaka for being too strong.
- Wild Mass Guessing: H.N. Elly/Kirsten was a gamer when she was human. This is why she has two Witch names; one is a screen-name. Combined with this, the Labyrinth full of TVs is a dead giveaway. This is also why her stage is full of Classic Video Game Screw Yous: Medium Awareness + Genre Savvy + Witchy angst and hate.