- Anvilicious: Violence is bad. Very very bad. Did we mention that it's bad?, because it's bad, very, very BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! (it's also bad). Why is Rushuna's gun so heavy? "So I can measure the weight of a life" as she puts it.
- Evil Is Sexy: Setsuna.
- Informed Ability: The Warrior Aristocrats seems incredibly weak for their titles because they were the only ones to brag about their strength.
- Jerkass Woobie: Namari really seemed to get the raw deal in the manga every time she goes to the aid of Rushuna who always seems to benefit greatly from this. The first time not only was she horribly scarred she lost her eye and her ability to utilize gun kata which Rushuna went on to master to the extent that she surpassed Namari even with the aid of technology. While the second time she is horribly injured allowing Rushuna to deliver the final blow
- Les Yay: Mikan Kurenai is rather enamored in the (female) manager of the brothel and also rather fascinated by Rushana's and Setsuna's boobs.
- Magnificent Bastard: The Jester, who is more proactive than most.
- Moe: Shimon is very meek when Danjou demands that he, Honmaru, and Yuzuriha get a shot at fighting Rushuna, and timidly cuts in by saying that she didn't speak against Ouka.
- Narm In the anime at least,: the true face of The Jester, a man of spiky Anime Hair, which looks very silly on top of his Villainous Harlequin outfit
- Nightmare Fuel: The Iron Masked Baron in the manga at least, is a Fantastic Racism Social Darwinist as well as a Cyborg